Name : Laura Sandilands
Instagram : Little_laura_loves
Hi, I am Laura, I am 30 and a first time Mum to a 6 month old little boy!
My blog started as a fashion/lifestyle/travel blog almost 2 years ago to help me get through a hard time personally and as a positive focus … I am now looking to change direction and focus more on lifestyle and motherhood (finding time is hard however haha). X
Favourite places to eat:
Locally these would be –
•The Beach house in Portobello – they are always willing to accommodate however it is always busy so can be cramped if you have a buggy, great sea views though!
•Reds cafe in Portobello, lovely little cafe, cheap but big menu and they have a mini soft play area!
•The Railbridge Bistro in South Queensferry– best to book in advance but lovely view and baby facilities (high chair and baby change were good)
• Luca’s in Musselburgh – for amazing ice cream or cheap and cheerful food! Even if they are busy will do their best to accommodate a pram!
Favourite places to go:
Soft play at Commonwealth pool (Newington), we’ve taken jack swimming in the heated baby pool – good cafe with bottle warmer and microwave you can use and they also have a soft play area.
Tumbles in Portobello – right on the beach so great after a lovely walk – soft play for different ages, nice cafe.
Wishing tree cafe in Musselburgh – smaller soft play than the ones above but a great little find if you live in the area! They also do a range of classes.
Favourite places to shop for your little guides:
When I was pregnant I secretly hoped for a little girl as I was worried boys clothes were boring! How wrong I was!
•Gap – for the cute cardigans and bootees
•Next – for the cute baby boy outfits and sleepsuits
•Mamas and Papas – I actually love the unisex stuff in here, I still love to dress jack in white as want him to stay a baby as long as possible!
• Zara baby – for cute outfits that are a little different and edgier (if that’s a word) I have found their sizing quite small though!
• Marks and Spencers – their vests and sleepsuits are my favourite, i find them a little bigger made so get more wear out of them!
• Tinies baby massage class in Portobello. We did this from 6 weeks until Jack was about 4 months old! Great bonding time and to learn massage techniques!
•Baby sensory! We go to one in portobello and it’s great for the age Jack is now! This is our favourite class!
• The local libraries runs free nursery rhyme classes. They are only about 30 mins long but good fun!
Any other local tips?
Edinburgh has so much to offer in terms of beautiful walks!
I like to walk along the beach or botanic gardens! I like to walk for ages but somewhere that has amenities close by should you need a feeding pit stop!